Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iMac + 1st Gen Apple TV = No Connectivity

I recently purchased a new iMac to replace an older version. When I converted all the files and applications from the old iMac to the new one, everything went fine except my 1st generation Apple TV no longer appears in iTunes so I can't sync my new music and photos to the Apple TV. Any suggestions?

iMac, iOS 8.1

Posted on Dec 31, 2014 12:48 PM

3 replies

Feb 2, 2015 8:57 PM in response to chuck_3rd

II've got a 160gb appletv. After I upgraded o Yosemite I am unable o see it in my source list. It is directly connected othe Mac mini. When i sway out that ethernetcablefor the one running my AirPort Extreme base station it had no effect. The same able that does not work on my apple tv does work as the one that connects my AirPort Extreme to cable modem. So I have a working cabLe. My modem works perfectly when hard wired to my Mac mini. So my port is workinc on my Mac. THE APPLETV SOWS US A SOURCE WITH AIRPLAY BUT NOT AS A SOURCE TO ADD CONTENT TO IN ITUNES. Besides dissembling the appletv for parts, do you have an suggestions? I'd gladly erase it if I could. Are there menu commands to reset it or anyway to reset it without a tv? I'm using it at my daughters house. They have a tv. We have the computer. I bring it across town use the remote and it works. I bring it here and it shows up as an airplay device to stream to but not a device to add content to 😟 I'm truly a sad panda. I bought a movie that i would like to lt my grandson watch. Please help.

New iMac + 1st Gen Apple TV = No Connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.