Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not getting text message forwarding code on new iPad mini 2

HI I have a problem, I changed from Ipad 2 to ipad mini 2 at Christmas but can't get my verification code for text messaging forwarding. It worked fine on my iPad 2 but now won't work on my iPad mini. What could be the problem and how can I rectify it? im also on the latest version of iOS.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 8gb ram

Posted on Dec 31, 2014 1:37 PM

5 replies

Dec 31, 2014 2:02 PM in response to tomljaggo

Try sigining out of Messages in Settings>Messages>Off. Then turn it on again and try again. When I set it up I couldnt find the code either, but when I launched the Messages app it appeared in there. Apple is as clear as mud in this kb article as to where the code will appear on the device.

Just to be sur, double check.

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Thanks Apple, where does the code appear?

Jan 1, 2015 8:23 AM in response to tomljaggo

I Went nuts trying to find the code on my devices. It took me about 30 minutes to find them, and I tried over and over again, look at this thread taht is posted at the bottom of this page.

Text message forwarding code doesn't appear on iPad

Perhaps if you sign out of iCloud, your Apple ID and then turn Messages off, restart the iPad and start all over again, you can get it to work. LIke I said, reading the kb article gives no indication of exactly where the code will appear.

Not getting text message forwarding code on new iPad mini 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.