Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.apple.DeviceManagement.postgres in respawn loop

Have a Mac Pro (Early 2008) running as a server. Console is filled with these errors every ten seconds:

12/31/14 8:11:29.635 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.DeviceManagement.postgres[2911]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1

12/31/14 8:11:29.635 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.DeviceManagement.postgres) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

First noticed this under Mavericks and Server 3, but today updated to Yosemite and Server 4, yet the respawn loop continues. Googling various solutions, I used MacPorts to upgrade to PostgreSQL 9.4, still no luck. I tried to use launchctl to unload com.apple.DeviceManagement.postgres, but it doesn't appear in anywhere. Profile Manager is not running.

Anyone have any ideas of what is going on, and how to correct it?

Posted on Dec 31, 2014 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2015 8:18 AM

How to reset Profile Manager to its original state

3 replies

Apr 25, 2015 4:40 AM in response to Joe White

Hi i have same problem, tried to run the command sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/devicemgr/backend/wipeDB .sh but freeze and i get this error

*** Failed to create/update new Profile Manager database! ***

*** Please check /Library/Logs/ProfileManager/migration_tool.log ***

*** for more information. Profile Manager will be non-functional until ***

*** the database can be successfully updated or a new one is created. ***

com.apple.DeviceManagement.postgres in respawn loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.