Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Pages 5.5.1 not have bookmarks and hyperlinks, if so what is apple thinking

Does Pages 5.5.1 not have bookmarks and hyperlinks, if so what is apple thinking?

Posted on Dec 31, 2014 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2014 4:35 PM

No, … whatever it wants to.

Peter

10 replies

Dec 31, 2014 5:13 PM in response to Willy Strom

Depends on what you mean by hyperlinks. Do you mean to other parts of the Pages document or to web sites? Web site links work fine in 5.5.1 (just did a simple test and it opened my link in Safari just fine). But didn't find anything about bookmarks in the Pages help or on line.

Just found a site that says bookmarks or internal hyperlinks have been missing since version 5.2 (see http://superuser.com/questions/235001/mac-iwork-pages-how-can-i-create-internal- links for the details).

Guess that's a good reason to keep a copy of old apps around when updating to new versions just in case.

Does seem rather silly for Apple to have removed this sort of functionality. Complain to www.apple.com/feedback

Dec 31, 2014 5:34 PM in response to dot.com

I have a Word file that contains all my usernames & passwords, page 1 contains all the titles with hyperlinks to the respective page the that contains the usernames & passwords, that page has a link back to page 1.

If pages 5.5.1 had insert bookmarks available any alteration or addition would automatically be updated on my IOS devices, most disappointing, will certainly leave feedback.

Jan 1, 2015 1:59 AM in response to Yellowbox

No I don't have Pages 09 but even if I did it wouldn't update on my IOS devices. I have a work around using a password protected PDF file but they are messy to edit, if pages 5.5.1 was worth it's salt and had bookmarks it would be ideal, I say pepper "www.apple.com/feedback" until they see the error of their ways.

Thanks everyone for your kind support

Does Pages 5.5.1 not have bookmarks and hyperlinks, if so what is apple thinking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.