Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two iTunes movies that I purchased and downloaded to my iPhone do not show up when I try to sync to iTunes on my iMac.

I purchased the X-Men Bundle of 5 movies. I downloaded the first 3 onto my iPhone. Only 1 of the 3 (the first film) shows up as an option to sync to iTunes on my iMac. I do it this way because I have access to free hi-speed wifi at work but not at home.

I have verified that the other 2 films are actually on the phone and will play on the phone.

I have tried various settings and restarted both devices but to no avail.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Dec 31, 2014 9:27 PM

3 replies

Jan 2, 2015 8:30 AM in response to planetgazer

Hello planetgazer,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you want to transfer the purchases from your iPhone to your Mac rather than downloading from iTunes purchases, please see the information in the article below about transferring the purchased content.

Re-download or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

Feb 3, 2015 8:28 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks Alex! That did the trick! I just saw your reply. I thought no one had replied because I did not get an email alert. I think I had turned that feature off and forgot I had done so. Now it seems so obvious but for some reason I didn't look there. This is a big help. I can download stuff at work but at home I have only cellular data using a mobile wi-fi device and downloading movies, especially HD movies is just not an affordable option. Taking my iMac to the office would be crazy. I downloaded only my MacBook Air and copied the files onto a thumb drive but those were not recognized. I was at my wit's end. Thanks again!

Aug 18, 2015 2:37 AM in response to planetgazer

Any other ideas for this? only half the purchased movies show up in itunes (PC) than what is on my ipad air.

Tried the above, nothing, just updated all software and still unable to move my already downloaded movies to the PC.

I use PlayerXtreme for all my private collection and it fabulous, use my wireless connection then select and upload easy.

Cheers

Murray.

itunes 12.2.2

ipad ios 8.4.1

Two iTunes movies that I purchased and downloaded to my iPhone do not show up when I try to sync to iTunes on my iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.