Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to transfer photos from my iPod nano to my mac

how do i transfer photos from my iPod nano to my mac?

Posted on Jan 1, 2015 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2015 1:48 PM

Connect your iPod nano to your Mac using an USB cable, then launch iPhoto or Image Capture. This will open an Import window and let you select the photos to transfer to your Mac.

If you launched iPhoto, you can import the Photos to your current iPhoto Library. If you launched image Capture, you can transfer to a folder on your Mac.

When prompted, if you want to delete the photos from the iPhoneafter importing them, better don't do it. Check first, if all photos imported correctly and back them up. Then delete the photos from the iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2015 1:48 PM in response to henryfromdalycity

Connect your iPod nano to your Mac using an USB cable, then launch iPhoto or Image Capture. This will open an Import window and let you select the photos to transfer to your Mac.

If you launched iPhoto, you can import the Photos to your current iPhoto Library. If you launched image Capture, you can transfer to a folder on your Mac.

When prompted, if you want to delete the photos from the iPhoneafter importing them, better don't do it. Check first, if all photos imported correctly and back them up. Then delete the photos from the iPhone.

Jan 1, 2015 1:56 PM in response to henryfromdalycity

The iPod Nanos could only have photos in them if they were synced as they do not have a camera. synced photos are assumed to exist in the computer that they were synced from, so there is no direct way to get them out. Also any photos in the iPod nano would have been optimized for the nano during the sync process, and would therefore be really small..

If you no longer have the Photos that were originally synced to it, then you may be able to use disk mode if your model of Nano supports it:

Use Disk Mode to copy photos from iPod

Otherwise you'll need third party Applications that can read the Nano's drive and extract the photos.

how to transfer photos from my iPod nano to my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.