Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Mic/Ear Speaker Broken

iPhone 6 is a couple of weeks old and today when i went to answer a call all I heard was a fuzzy kind of distortion for a few seconds followed by complete silence, the person on the other end couldn't hear me.

Now:

My microphone doesn't work (so I can't use Siri/Voice memo/record sound/make calls)

The ear speaker doesn't work (so I can't hear people during a call)

The audio jack isn't detecting earphones when they are connected

The main speaker still works perfectly

Must also add that it's been kept in good condition, no drops or bangs or anything. I have tried all the basic solutions to no avail. Considering the weird noise that preceded all these issues, I can only imagine its a hardware fault?

Whats should I do?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 1, 2015 1:36 PM

2 replies

Jan 1, 2015 6:41 PM in response to deggie

easy fix here. I have a new iPhone 6 and had the same issue with the phone stuck on headphones. I couldn't talk to anyone or hear anyone with the handset. Again, stuck like I had headphones. To fix , switch your phone to silent then lock your phone. Then unlock your phone and switch your phone from silent to ringer with the hardware switch. If u change volume it will show ringer volume moving. Make a call and adjust volume and you will see that's it's fixed. If you plug head phones in again then know that youight have to do this again. Def a bug. I run 8.2.1

kudos

Christian

IT System Engineer

iPhone 6 Mic/Ear Speaker Broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.