Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad email app is corrupt and crashing, consistently.

Using iPad 2, with Office 365 hosted email. Have tried all typical solutions, such as deleting account, rebooting, etc. Just crashes out. It shows emails updating but can't open app to view. Help!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 1, 2015 2:03 PM

11 replies

Jan 1, 2015 5:29 PM in response to rips26

My apologies then, I thought that it was some subset of features within the MS 365, which I obviously know nothing about.

IF it is working on the phone and the iPod, I assume that it's not a corrupt email or attachment causing the problem, or it would be causing the problem on all devices. Without knowing if you are running the same iOS on each device, it could be iOS specific, but I'm guessing you're running iOS 8.1.2 on all three.

Have you tried closing all apps on the iPad, reset the device and then try again? Or something else that helps at times is to reset all settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings. No data is lost, but all of your device settings have to be entered again and that takes a little time to do.

Jan 1, 2015 5:47 PM in response to Demo

Yes tried it. The app crashed when I was trying to forward an email that had a large attachment, and now won't really function. I've tried to figure out if I could delete that email from my phone or ipod or even the hosted MS 365 website email, but it's nowhere to be found. I may wind up doing a full restore, which I'd rather not do, but I'm about out of options. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and found a solve other than a full restore (?).

Thanks for your replies, BTW, I do appreciate it!

Jan 1, 2015 5:55 PM in response to rips26

That explanation sure makes sense and it does seem like that email with the large attachment was the culprit. Did you search the email account on the server using a computer or one of your iOS devices? I don't know that it would make any difference, but it might be easier to find if you use a computer. On the other hand, it just might not be there at all.

I'm trying to keep the dialog going here hoping that someone else will offer something else.

Jul 3, 2015 1:03 AM in response to rips26

TThis has just happened to me now. I tried to forward an email with an attachment and it has crashed. Now when I open up mail, it stays as a white screen and then closes. Cannot use it at all. Have tried everything except a full reset. I know it was a few months ago for you, but how did you overcome this problem (if you did)

iPad email app is corrupt and crashing, consistently.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.