Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Library "Can't load Photos" Error on icloud.com

I have iCloud Photo Library activated. When I try to access my photos on icloud.com I get a "Can't load Photos. There was a problem loading the application" Error dialog. It worked before but now it hasn't been working for over 24h. I tried logging out and in again, no luck. Any suggestions? I would like to avoid deactivating and activating iCloud Photo Library as I'm afraid I'll loose photos. On my iOS devices it seems to be working just fine. I'm on a 2013 MacBook Air running the latest Vesion of OS X Yosemite and use Safari as my browser. Tried Chrome too, no luck aswell.

Would be glad to get a solution to this problem. Thanks!

Posted on Jan 1, 2015 2:15 PM

15 replies

Jan 1, 2015 5:37 PM in response to francofornia

I'm having the same problem as well. I was able to access my photos in my iCloud Photo Library at iCloud.com last night just fine. However this afternoon I can't get it to open up. For a while the "Photo" icon was not even showing up. Now it shows up but when I click it I get the message "There was a problem loading the application."

Wonder if the system is down?

Aug 11, 2015 5:42 AM in response to francofornia

I just changed my hd and I did the same, cloned the old one to the new one and it did not work. Now I tried something and it worked.>

Go to mac settings > turn off icloud (delete icloud items from mac and sign out)

Go to your account and go on the main pictures folder you will find a Photos folder with nearly the same icon as the photos application and throw it in the trash

Go back on mac settings > turn on icloud again

Turn on every item you had so that it will be the same. open the photos application and it will automatically ask you to create a new library.
Go back to the settings and tick every box in the photos from the icloud.
Done
thats how i did it hope it works!

Aug 26, 2015 10:45 AM in response to francofornia

Me too. This seems to be directly related to two things...

1) Your iPhone storage is getting full. The iPhone needs about 3-4 GB of storage of free space to function smoothly. I get the silly "do you want to optimize" your photos pop- message all the time, and decline it. I manually manage the photos and be sure to keep only the ones you need on your iPhone. You can check you storage space available under settings>general>manage storage>usage. Delete the photos/videos you do not need to free up space for the sync to cache/utilize and they will appear in iCloud Photos after a few minutes.

2) If you already completed step 1 above, and still have a sync issue. Reboot you iPhone and be sure to connect to a strong wi-fi signal with good bandwidth. A weak wi-fi signal and low bandwidth (weak internet connection) will compound this "Can't load Photos" error. Good luck!

iCloud Photo Library "Can't load Photos" Error on icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.