Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Undeletable playlists on iPhone5 & undeletable playlists in iTunes v12.0.1.26

Hi all...

I have undeletable playlists on my iPhone5 that aren't accessible to modify / delete via in iTunes v12.0.1.26. For some reason at some point my iPhone name became "My iPhone 5 (2)" while iTunes had a different device name. I tried renaming the phone to "My iPhone 5" to force the device to be recognized as same. No luck. I've deleted all the playlists off the iPhone that I was able and tried re-syncing against iTunes. No luck. I've deleted all the music off the iPhone and tried resyncing to iTunes. No luck. At this point, this is what I'm seeing. How do I fix this up and get the device and iTunes lined up?

Phone

iPhone5 with IOS v8.1.2, playlists that are showing

1. Recently added
  2. Recently played
  3. Top 25 Most Played
  4. Purchased

At this point, there is no actual music in these playlists, rather a collection of songs that are available in iCloud for downloading.

iTunes

iTunes v12.0.1.26 installed on a MacBook Pro OS X v10.9.5. I have a difficult time understanding iTunes 12's GUI so I'll try to explain what I'm seeing as best as able...

Clicking the Music icon

"Devices" lists "My iPhone 5", this is what I see:

All Music has exclamation marks next to the left of the title

Smart playlist 3GB Random (undeletable, unmodifiable)

Smart playlist Recently Added (undeletable, unmodifiable)

Smart playlist Recently Played (undeletable, unmodifiable)

Smart playlist Top 25 Most Played (undeletable, unmodifiable)

Some other sort of playlist type 2013 Starbucks Summer Music Mix (undeletable, unmodifiable)

"Playlists" lists only "Purchased" and "Genius"

Clicking the Phone icon

Phone label is "My iPhone 5"

"On My Device" has the same list of undeletable and unmodifiable playlists as listed under "Music" / "Devices"

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, Bot unlocked from Apple on T-Mobile

Posted on Jan 1, 2015 4:48 PM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2015 9:45 PM in response to Agent Vanilla

Ended up taking both my iPhone and my Macbook Pro to the Apple store for some hands on support. The Apple Genius dudes had to fix the problem from the Macbook's iTunes with the phone cabled via Lightening cord to the Mac. They clicked something inside iTunes (unfortunately too quickly for me to be able to say here exactly what), deleting a bunch of iTunes stuff from the phone (somehow this didn't delete any of the apps), and this fixed the problem.

Solution: Go to the Apple store. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Undeletable playlists on iPhone5 & undeletable playlists in iTunes v12.0.1.26

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.