Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad mini keyboard orientation stuck portrait

i have an iPad mini retina on the latest IOS update. No matter what I seem to do the keyboard always sticks in portrait when I'm in landscape. This seems to only happen to the spotlight keyboard and not in apps like chrome.

Ive restarted, changed setting from forums and no matter what it goes back to it in matter of minutes. Really driving me nuts. Any ideas?User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jan 2, 2015 7:01 AM

12 replies

Jan 2, 2015 7:12 AM in response to Mazzydan

when you turn your mini on with the button, do not yet unlock the screen. instead from the bottom of the screen slide your finger in the upwards direction. when you do that you will see 5 round button options, should be a plane, wifi, blue tooth, a moon and a lock with an arrow around it. De-select the lock with arrow around it, this should allow for you to switch from portrait to landscape

Feb 11, 2015 1:11 PM in response to Mazzydan

I had the same problem with my iphone 5s. If you swipe down on the screen, you get a window that lets you do things like turn Airplane mode, WiFi, blue-tooth, etc, on or off. One off the icons is a lock with a circular arrow around it. This locks your screen, or unlocks, in portrait mode. If you're like me, you have inadvertently touched it. Touch it again

IPad mini keyboard orientation stuck portrait

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.