Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth headset neither auto connected nor listed in paired devices after restart.

I have paired my Bose Soundlink OE with my Macbook pro which is running on Yosemite. It will pair and work all fine. But once I restart my Macbook, the devices list no more shows the headphones. The headphone's voice feedback says "trying to connect to Macbook", the bluetooth icon in macbook shows a the connected icon with the dotted for some fraction of seconds and goes back to normal. The headphone's voice feedback says "Device not found."

Anybody experience similar problem ? Please help me solve it!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 2, 2015 6:39 AM

6 replies

Apr 22, 2015 2:14 PM in response to Sri Vishnu

No body else got any suggestion for this problem? I'm still stuck with this.

This is NOT a Bose firmware issue. I tried with different headphones on my mac, its the same. I tried the same headphones with different macs, it works fine and stay paired even after restart. Also, it ain't any hardware issue because I have tested by doing a fresh OS X install on an extra hard drive which I have. It works fine on that too.

So, it could be just something to do with the file or memory location where this pairing details are stored. It is getting overridden while booting or while shutting down. Any thoughts on that?

PS. I have done SMC and PRAM reset number of times, that won't fix it either.

Bluetooth headset neither auto connected nor listed in paired devices after restart.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.