Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Deauthorize all computers" in Itunes 12 on Windows 7 causes ITunes to crash.

I want to authorize ITunes on a new computer, but am told that I've already authorized 5. Okay, I press "DeAuthorize all computers" and am then told that ITunes needs to close. I am running ITunes 12 on Windows 7. This computer is not authorized yet.

So what do I do now?

Other than this, ITunes seems to work.

Posted on Jan 2, 2015 10:46 AM

1 reply

Jan 4, 2015 6:32 AM in response to stevecoh1

Hello there Stevecoch1,

If I understand correctly, iTunes is quitting unexpectedly when you try to use the De Authorize All function so you can get your content onto your computer. I'd like to recommend the troubleshooting in the following article to help you get to the root of the problem. Start with this section in particular:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

Open iTunes in Safe Mode to isolate any interference from plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple.

1. Hold down Shift–Control while opening iTunes. You should see a dialog that says "iTunes is running in safe mode" before iTunes finishes starting up.
  2. Click Continue.
  3. See if the issue you're experiencing persists in Safe Mode.

If you have the same issue while iTunes is in Safe Mode, proceed to the "Create a new user account" section. If you don't experience the same issue, follow these steps to remove third-party plug-ins.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

"Deauthorize all computers" in Itunes 12 on Windows 7 causes ITunes to crash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.