Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am getting "no firewire ports found" error...

I freshy installed Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on a mid 2010 macbook pro. I did this after it had been upraded to Yosemite and the firewire port was not working. i have tried resetting pram and every other thing that has been suggested.

the closest discussion to my problem is thisAfter 10.6.2 update, 'No FireWire ports were found'

i do not have access to previous kext files to replace the ones on this machine now whcih fixed that users problems, has anyone else encountered this problem and know a fix? or has access to previous kext files?

the firewire port still sends power, as when i plug in an external it flashes for a split second and starts spinning up, it is just not recognized by the computer.

Mid 2010 Macbook Pro 7,1

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4gb 1067 MHz DDR2

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 2, 2015 4:02 PM

3 replies

Jan 2, 2015 7:11 PM in response to Eric Root

as i said i have tried everything. when i open the system profiler i get the message No Firewire Ports found when i click firewire in the left pane.

i have reinstalled Yosemite twice and installed snow leopard twice to no avail. I have reset pram i have literally tried everything. that discussion i linked to in my original post says something about some kext files from an older version of OS X.

I am getting "no firewire ports found" error...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.