Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod gen. 4, in Messages, will login, verify, and then just go back to the loin screen. The ID and password are correct, and I don't know what to do.

iPod gen. 4, in Messages, will login, verify, and then just go back to the loin screen. The ID and password are correct, and I don't know what to do.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jan 2, 2015 6:50 PM

7 replies

Jan 16, 2015 1:22 AM in response to Applehelpme365

There is no email support. If yo no longer have free telephone support Apple will charge you $30 or so.

If you tried:

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

Using FaceTime and iMessage behind a firewall

iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime and iMessage activation

FaceTime, Game Center, Messages: Troubleshooting sign in issues

Then

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Mar 19, 2015 10:28 AM in response to mnperalta

I have an old iPod Touch with old software that can no longer be updated:

iOS version 6.1.6

I've been searching for a solution to my iMessage login problem for months and tried everything from those frustrating links and all the tips from other users.

Here is what finally worked:

1) Settings > Privacy > Location Services > On

2) Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically > On

3) Reboot device until Apple logo appears

4) Settings > Messages > Sign In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.