Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printers not printing on the network after upgrade (OS and computer)

i have a 2006 mac pro and upgraded to a 2012 mac pro. right now i have one or the other machine running (i have only one monitor) while i try and complete and upgrade and i have my ETHERNET from my Time Capsule plugged into the 2012 Mac Pro and another ETHERNET cable running from the 2012 to the 2006.

i am realizing i would like to get a little more intelligent as to how my printers are being made available to the network via WiFi.

in the past i was able to print from my laptop or desktop simply by selecting one of my three printers but after buying a 2012 mac pro and upgrading to yosemite i am not able to print because the printers do not seem to be on the network.

can anyone help me figure out if i need to set these printers up again while in yosemite on the new computer or if there is some other issue here? i /had/ thought that all of these printers were WiFi enabled but for some reason i cannot print from the laptop...

THANKS

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), mid 2009 13" 2.53 core2duo 8 GB RAM

Posted on Jan 2, 2015 4:55 PM

2 replies

printers not printing on the network after upgrade (OS and computer)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.