Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Boot Camp SS 5.1.5640 the latest driver?

Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5640

Hi is this the latest driver? it seems to be published on Feb 11, 2014. I have an iMac 5K so it is way older than that. When I install Windows I also ticked download the latest boot camp driver, So I guess that is covered?. But when I went into the Bootcamp Manager it does not allow me to select display brightness setting.

Apple broadcom Built-in Bluetooth driver seems to be provided by Apple and dated 16/1/14, with driver version 5.1.0.0

I am only asking because my USB 3.0 powered external hard drive docks have been crashing during file transfer, I have Windows 8.1 Pro (updated to the latest that Windows Update can update).

Posted on Jan 3, 2015 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2015 4:09 PM

No, 5.1.5640 isn't the latest Boot Camp drivers package, it is only the latest manually downloadable drivers package.

You should check this article:

Boot Camp: System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems

If you have an iMac 5K you should download and install the drivers from Boot Camp Assistant (BCA) because the support software available from it is newer than what is currently available as a manual download.

That being said, did you try to use the Apple keyboard special function keys to adjust the display brightness?

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2015 4:09 PM in response to Memiehic

No, 5.1.5640 isn't the latest Boot Camp drivers package, it is only the latest manually downloadable drivers package.

You should check this article:

Boot Camp: System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems

If you have an iMac 5K you should download and install the drivers from Boot Camp Assistant (BCA) because the support software available from it is newer than what is currently available as a manual download.

That being said, did you try to use the Apple keyboard special function keys to adjust the display brightness?

Jan 12, 2015 10:41 PM in response to XFox

The brightness can be adjusted using the Apple Wireless Keyboard.

I hope Apple updates the USB drivers, currently for the xHCI it is using a Microsoft driver from October, As I only have 256GB, all my drives are external using USB 3.0, because thunderbolt docks are way too expensive. I have been tinkering a bit, trying to figure out the disconnections for my drives, I hope I have fixed it, As I have disabled all the sleeping states for USB, Hard disk as well, see how it goes.

I have 2 external usb hard drive docks, and both of them failed to work reliably with disconnections. Trying to play steam games like Wolfenstien results in disconnections every 10 or so minutes.

Nov 8, 2015 5:17 PM in response to XFox

That could be part of the problem. BCA will cause me to download the version for windows 10. But when I get 5.1.56 40 from Apple it doesn't install correctly. That is the summation of the issue. Fortunately my system is presently working fine. It might be that the Boot Camp support drivers only install correctly the first time around.

Is Boot Camp SS 5.1.5640 the latest driver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.