Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email that asks me to verify my account because is about to expire in 72 hours. Is this legit? or fake?

Hi! I received this email today that says that my apple ID is about to expire and that I have to verify it before it expires so I clicked on the link that says "Verify now," and asks me for my credit card information and personal information just to verify my account. (and even the type of font the use is kind of strange.)User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Jan 2, 2015 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2015 11:15 PM

Hopefully you did not fill out the form? It is a scam (and they are getting better and better). Do not respond and do not click on anything - just delete it.

5 replies

Jan 3, 2015 7:45 AM in response to Arturoch

These folks are very "crafty" - clearly they use Apple images, fonts, etc. It is easy to do when the official Apple Style Guide is publicly available to all ☞ https://help.apple.com/asg/mac/2013/ASG_2013.pdf

The Apple Legal Dept. is very interested and concerned about these folks.

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If you want to help stop THIS particular bad actor, you should FORWARD the entire email to reportphishing@apple.com

be safe

ÇÇÇ

Jan 4, 2015 8:53 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Holy Toledo! They not only want the victim to fill out their Apple ID account name and login password, but also your entire credit card info, including the verification number!

I love the "100% Secure" logo on the form, but there's no actual secure web page lock on the URL bar at the top. Such as the one you see when using this site:

User uploaded file

I received an email that asks me to verify my account because is about to expire in 72 hours. Is this legit? or fake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.