Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 Display goes Black and Unresponsive

Hello there!

I have iphone 5 F.U 16 GB Black. one day its display screen went black. I tried to put it in DFU mode by pressing Sleep/wake button and home button.I sort it out the problem that time.it worked pretty well rest of the week but after a week or so every morning I woke up, i found my display black and unresponsive. though cell was working sometimes I can hear the SMS ringtone. I tried to put it in DFU mode and Recovery mode but it didnt work that time. fortunately it started displaying content after 3-4 hours.

Now it is routine. I am having this problem for 2-3 days. please anybody tell me what to do. Firstly I thought it is the dampness in my room but dampness is not the issue I guess. I moved to other city.

please somebody save me !!! I am in a fix. 😟

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.1, display problem

Posted on Jan 3, 2015 1:38 AM

1 reply

Jan 4, 2015 12:06 PM in response to ahsan_raza

Hi ahsan_raza,

Welcome to the Support Communities! The resource below will explain what to do if your iPhone remains unresponsive with a black screen.

iOS: Not responding or does not turn on - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

Learn what to do if your iOS device is not responding or does not turn on.

Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch may occasionally stop responding to buttons, switches, or touchscreen input and may exhibit one or more of these symptoms:

• Does not turn on (or power on) when you press any button
  • Does not start up past Apple logo
  • Appears frozen or unresponsive

To troubleshoot these symptoms:

1. If a single application is not responding or stops responding when it opens, you can force it to close.
  2. If the device is unresponsive or if certain controls aren't working as expected, restart your device.
  3. If the device remains unresponsive or does not turn on (or power on), reset your device.
  4. If there is no video or if the screen remains black, verify that the device has enough charge to turn on:
    1. If you are using an iPad, ensure that it's connected to the USB Power Adapter supplied with the device.
    2. Let it charge for at least twenty minutes, then see if it starts normally.
    3. If there is no image on the screen, press the Sleep/Wake button to attempt to wake the device.
    4. If the screen displays a red battery icon, continue charging the device until the battery is fully charged. Learn more about charging iPhone and iPod touch, or iPad.

1. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, or the if the screen remains black or shows a persistent Apple logo, try restoring with iTunes:
    1. Connect the device to your computer and open iTunes.
    2. If the device appears in iTunes, select and click Restore on the Summary pane. Learn more about restoring iOS software.
    3. If the device doesn't appear in iTunes, try to force the device into recovery mode, and then restore it.
  2. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact Apple.

Last Modified:

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Iphone 5 Display goes Black and Unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.