Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos problem

I have an IPad with the up to date software of 8 on but my iPhone 5 hasn't because there isn't enough space to update yet. On both devices I had camera roll with roughly 700 photos, my photo stream with over 700 photos, a panoramas album, a videos folde with 33 videos in an another album with roughly 160 odd photos in. I then upgraded my icloud space so I could upload all my things Safetly, on the iPad i then turned on in iCloud and photos the iiCloud photo llibrary beta and turned on as suggested the ooptimise ipad storage.

Then on the iPhone my photo stream went down to 42 from over 700 photos, on the iPad the camera roll and my photo stream folder have gone and been replaced with an all photos folder but inside is only 377 photos in there! I logged into iCloud on another machine and there is only 377 photos on there. Where have my photos gone and what has happen??

can anyone help please as I really don't understand what's happened.

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 3, 2015 3:23 AM

1 reply

Jan 4, 2015 12:38 PM in response to sam09s

Hi sam09s,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The resource below may explain what has happened to your photos and videos when you enabled the iCloud Photo Library beta. I'll highlight some of the key points, but please click on the link for complete details.

iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6378

What do I need to use iCloud Photo Library?

You need an Apple ID, an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.1 or later, and enough storage in iCloud.

What happened to the My Photo Stream and Camera Roll albums?

The Camera Roll and My Photo Stream album are replaced with an All Photos album, which gives you the same compact scroll view, now with all your photos and videos organized by the date they were added.

After you enable iCloud Photo Library, all your original photos and videos are organized in one library. My Photo Stream will upload recent photos to share with your other devices, but iCloud Photo Library stores your originals. See how to upload originals below.

What if some of my photos are missing after I turn on iCloud Photo Library?

iCloud Photo Library won't upload lower resolution photos and videos synced to your device from iTunes. You can use these steps to move the photos from your computer to your iOS device.

OS X Yosemite

Use Airdrop to copy the photos from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Make sure that you're signed in with the same Apple ID on your computer and iOS device.
  2. Unlock your iOS device and turn on Airdrop.
  3. Open a new Finder window on your Mac and choose Airdrop in the sidebar.
  4. Drag the photos onto the icon for the iOS device in the Finder window.

OS X Mavericks or earlier and Windows

Upload the photos to the beta Photos app on iCloud.com:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com using the same Apple ID you use for iCloud Photo library.
  2. Click iCloud Photo Library.
  3. Click the Upload button.
  4. Select the photos you want to upload.
  5. Click OK.

What happens when I go over my iCloud storage limit?

If you exceed your iCloud storage limit, photos and videos won't upload to iCloud, and your library will no longer stay up to date across your devices. To continue using iCloud Photo Library, upgrade your storage plan or reduce the amount of storage that you're using.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

iCloud photos problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.