Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to turn off a 24" LED Cinema Display without unplugging it?

I recently bought a 24" LED Cinema Display to use with my Macbook Air 13". However, it doesn't seem to have an "off" button. When I close the MacBook Air, the display is active - so it can be used with peripheries - but I'm not sure how to turn it off safely.

If there is no way to turn it off, which I suspect is the case, is it best to disconnect from the computer or from power to turn it off each day?

Thanks for any suggestions.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), LED Cinema Display

Posted on Jan 3, 2015 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2015 1:30 PM

Hey ASMNYC,

While the Apple 24" LED Cinema Display does not have an off switch as such, and can not really be turned off short of disconnecting from power, it is possible to put the display into a low power consumption mode - display sleep. See this article for more information about Energy Saver modes -

About Energy Saver sleep and idle modes in Mac OS X - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2015 1:30 PM in response to ASMNYC

Hey ASMNYC,

While the Apple 24" LED Cinema Display does not have an off switch as such, and can not really be turned off short of disconnecting from power, it is possible to put the display into a low power consumption mode - display sleep. See this article for more information about Energy Saver modes -

About Energy Saver sleep and idle modes in Mac OS X - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

Is there a way to turn off a 24" LED Cinema Display without unplugging it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.