Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

checkboxes are not working when choosing podcast episodes

I have a 6th generation Nano and use ITunes on Windows 7 on my PC to download, choose and sync podcasts.

Until about a month ago, I've been able to choose the podcasts I want, in the "my ipod" section manually checking the boxes on the right side. But now I can't click and unclick the boxes as expected.

Sometimes a box will click "checked", but then if I click the next box down, nothing registers. And then I click the third box down and it makes a checkmark appear in the SECOND box down. And so on. Also, I can't uncheck some boxes.

I've tried reinstalling ITunes, but that didn't help. I tried resetting my IPod, but that didn't help. I now do the "automatically include" choice, but that doesn't clear the old podcasts that won't uncheck. And I am forced to accept the menu of 1, 3, 5 etc.

Can I get the checkboxes to work manually again?

Thanks for your help. --Amy

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 3, 2015 11:55 AM

3 replies

Jul 20, 2015 11:59 PM in response to akanai

Cleaning up emails I see that many have seen this post and had the same issue.

It would be great if I could tell you how to fix it....I don't know how, but I can tell you what I did. I contacted Apple and on the phone they fixed it. It took a long time (and MANY calls) for them to figure it out. It turned out to be a font issue, with the Windows update and the ITunes incompatibility somehow. The fonts didn't match, so the checkboxes weren't matching up in the spaces.

Hopefully this is fixed by more recent updates.

Good luck.

Oct 8, 2015 9:45 AM in response to akanai

Here is a simple fix that worked for me on my Windows 7 machine:

Go to "control panel", "Appearance and Personalization", "Fonts", "change font size", "smaller - 100% (default).

I had read in another thread that font settings in windows can cause a malfunction in itunes of the sort you described in your post. Perhaps the fix I described will be useful to you or to others googling this issue.

checkboxes are not working when choosing podcast episodes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.