Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Encrypted IPhone Backup ~ Help!!

Ok,
I don't recall setting an encrypted password for my backup on iTunes & I've tried literally any & every password I've used in the past 10yrs to unlock it with ZERO success. 😟

My question is CAN I DELETE THE BACKUP OFF OF MY PC (WINDOWS) - THEN RE-BACKUP MY PHONE WITH ITUNES SO THAT I CAN CONTINUE UTILIZING MY BACKUPS ON MY PC? (Obviously without having to wipe my data off my phone in the process & setting up a password I can remember).

I have an iCloud backup already stored & current, but really would like to have a backup stored on my itunes in as a secondary precaution if something gets screwed in iCloud. Please Help!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 3, 2015 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2015 11:40 AM

Yes

6 replies

Jan 4, 2015 1:24 AM in response to HDEVIL

No you can not re backup your device without the backup password this is to prevent people from backing up your device to there own computer and restoring it to a new device. You either need to reset your device or try and remember your backup password.

tho you might be able to reset your device restore from iCloud then backup again but I'm not sure if this will work and I would not 100% trust iCloud to backup everything pc backup is always the best

Jan 4, 2015 2:02 AM in response to HDEVIL

Maybe try all the possible passwords that used frequently or used on other event is a supposed solution. Some of possible passwords you may not realize are listed as below:

• Apple ID password
  • iTunes password
  • Windows administrator password
  • The “Passcode” you used to lock your iphone at that time, for the time you last backed up the iPhone
  • The passcode/lock code used on your iPhone when you first ever used the device
  • The ones suggested here “0000″, “1234″, etc.
  • That is, try all old passwords you have memory.

What if you have no fortune to meet the right password? You must reset your iPhone which will erase all data on your iPhone. As you say you have iCloud backup, after resetting, you can restore iPhone from iCloud.

Encrypted IPhone Backup ~ Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.