Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot log in at times & wi-fi printing doesn't work

Since upgrading to Yosemite either the log-in screen does not appear (stays black) or it is frozen so that I cannot type in my password.

If I remember to open the laptop very slowly it usually works. But not always. And I don't always remember to open slowly!

I have had to hook the laptop to the printer using a USB. Whenever I set up the printer to use WiFi it works for a while and then

I come back and the access is gone.

Thanks - KF

OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 3, 2015 2:37 PM

4 replies

Jan 13, 2015 11:05 AM in response to KF1

Network Printer Troubleshooting

If you have the printers IP address open Terminal (Applications/Utilities) and at the prompt type: ping {printerIP}. You will get a reply or failure.

Printer Troubleshooting - Yosemite

If you haven't done so already, try resetting the printing system.

OS X Mavericks: Reset the printing system Yosemite

WiFi Printer to WiFi Network - Connect

Jan 15, 2015 9:57 PM in response to KF1

Well, I spoke too soon. Once again I have lost WIFI printing ability and can only print using a USB. Again the Epson printer indicates that the WIFI is working. But the Macbook Pro does not see it.

I hear that a new Yosemite update is due out in a couple of weeks so I hope it will address this issue, too.

Cannot log in at times & wi-fi printing doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.