Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

share between numbers 3.2.2 and 3.5

I have a MacBook Pro at work that I have to keep on Mavericks and a Mac Pro at home running Yosemite. I need to be able to share Numbers documents between the two. Numbers 3.2.2 saves the documents to the old iCloud Documents & Data, but the new one does not appear to have a way to see those documents. It appears that there is no way to share between the two minor versions of Numbers (iWorks for that matter). I can share those documents between Mavericks and iOS 8.

Does anyone know how to get Numbers 3.5 to access documents in the old iCloud?

If this does not work, I am guessing that using DropBox is my best option - thoughts?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 3, 2015 5:16 PM

4 replies

Jan 3, 2015 8:00 PM in response to Richard Collyer1

Tried an experiment...

Saved a copy of a Numbers 3.2.2 document to DropBox, opened it in Numbers 3.5, made changes, saved, and tried to open in Numbers 3.2.2.

Numbers 3.2.2 does not open Numbers 3.5 files.

Numbers 3.5 is clearly not a minor version change and is incompatible with Numbers 3.2.2.

Can I run Numbers 3.2.2 on Yosemite?

Can I get Numbers 3.2.2?

Apr 28, 2015 8:31 AM in response to Richard Collyer1

Hi Rich (maybe you are the Rich Collyer I know!), is 3.2 (Mavericks era) working ok on your Yosemite Mac? I've got the same conundrum now. I think I'll try the new version anyway (on Yosemite) and run iCloud online in Safari on my Mavericks Mac. I also use iWork apps on iPad, so keeping the desktop version up to date where I can seems likely to work better over time. That lets me keep using iCloud. Admittedly, it might have been better to not upgrade to iCloud Drive, but I figure it's inevitable. At least I don't have to look at as many upgrade alerts :-)

share between numbers 3.2.2 and 3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.