Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S not recognised by itunes 12 / Yosemite

I am getting a bit annoyed with this issue...

My iPhone 5S runs on iOS 8.1.2 no problems, when i was running mavericks it was being recognised no problem, Now I have installed Yosemite and my iphone isn't recognised whatsoever.

Not in itunes, iphoto, and in network preferences when connected by USB for personal hotspot.

It does charge and I can use homesharing to look inside my itunes and play everything through my iphone. So it is talking to my MBA (mid 2013but the most used features are just not playing ball as such.

I deleted and re-installed itunes 12 but also didn't work.

So what's next???

Cheerz

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 3, 2015 11:04 PM

1 reply

Jan 5, 2015 10:08 AM in response to MrNice72

Hi MrNice72,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with device recognition issues. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for OS X - Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't appear under Devices in iTunes after you connect it to your Mac, refer to the troubleshooting suggestions below.

This article is for OS X. If you're using a Windows PC, see what to do if your Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows.

Follow these steps to resolve your issue:

1. If you haven't connected your iOS device to this computer before, unlock the device and tap Trust. Learn more about the Trust This Computer alert.
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Restart your Mac.
  4. Make sure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  5. Install software updates on your Mac.
    If an iTunes update is available, apply the update.
  6. Check USB connections. iOS devices need USB 2.0 to work properly. If you're not sure your Mac has USB 2.0 ports, check the computer's specifications.
  7. Disconnect other USB devices and connect your device directly to a USB port on your Mac.
  8. Try another USB cable.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

BobbyD

iPhone 5S not recognised by itunes 12 / Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.