Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to re-activate 'Mail' after complete successful Time machine re-installation except 'Mail' backup keeps getting stuck?

How to re-activate 'Mail' after complete successful Time machine re-installation except 'Mail' backup keeps getting stuck?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 3, 2015 10:58 PM

4 replies

Jan 4, 2015 4:56 PM in response to Eric Root

Trying to re-instal my email history the 'Mail Message Import' dialogue screen says: 'Mail needs to import your messages. This might take a few minutes. You won't be able to use Mail until the import is finished'.

The problem is: after importing 5,000 messages it stops and the 'Time remaining' only keeps adding up to many hours (17 hours). There are almost 80,000 email messages in my Time machine backup.

How to get this working? I am even prepared to give up my email history if i can only get my 'Mail' application working again.

User uploaded file

Jan 5, 2015 3:11 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for your answer Eric!

Maybe i am doing something wrong, but after selecting Mail the 'Mail Message Import' digaloge screen pops-up, than i use command - option/alt - esc to force quit Mail. That works. But if is start Mail again the same 'Mail Message Import' digaloge appears again. How to work arround this?

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.