Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do i need proof of purchase when my phone is under warranty from apple ?

Hello people ..

i just bought a used i phone 6 64G from eBay. It is in a very good condition almost new almost a month or two old . Its is also under Apple warranty which can be determined from their website as well. The seller has not given me any proof of purchase as he has already mentioned that i don't need it anyway cz the warranty limit can be confirmed from their website .

my question is simple .

do i need the original proof of purchase to claim a warranty repair ? cz this line on apples website really bothers me

"A validated purchase date lets Apple quickly find your product and provide the help you need "and that i don't have it .. just need to confirm if all is alright now a bit late but for the info it is .. then may be i can ask this guy for the original receipt ?

or any suggestions what to do if one don't have the original receipts at all

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 4, 2015 6:39 AM

7 replies

Jan 4, 2015 7:17 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

thanks .. for your answer 🙂

but to answer your questions ..

1-the eBay gives the proof of those purchases which are from eBay .The original receipt of the new phone when it was first sold, i was asking for that because i thought that the receipt from ebay wont work here despite i have it , the first buyer should have given it to me but told me that i dont need it and he has lost that anyway .

2 used here means that i m the second owner and it was sold to me under warranty (which extends for 9 months more) from another user ..usually people who sell devices give the original proof of purchase but this time i wasnt given .

so i just wanted to confirm if i need to show the first receipt from the apple store to prove that my device is under warranty or the date that shows from their database alone is enough to claim warranty.

i hope you understand what i meant .. its for my own confirmation and to clear my doubt ..

Do i need proof of purchase when my phone is under warranty from apple ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.