Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to change Apple ID

This is the situation and if I could get step by step instruction on what I, and the other party need to do in order for this to happen seemlessly.

I sold an iMac to someone a little over a year ago, not knowing much about apple, I was unaware at the time that he would need his own unique apple id, Inknew him, so I let him use mine.

The apple id that I use and him as well, if I were to lose, no big deal, as I do not buy anything with my apple ID or anything.

This is what I would like steps to, if possible.

Create a new apple ID for me and delete the old one so that the man I sold the computer to can create his own apple ID

What do I need to do to create a new apple ID,. delete the old one, and explain to the man how to go about creating a new one, and using thatnew one on the current computer that I sold him

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 4, 2015 7:12 AM

8 replies

Jan 4, 2015 7:22 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks, but steps, as I mentioned in the post wold help. Giving me a link to create a new apple ID isn't helping me. Are you just trying to get your posts up? I hope this isn't like the Microsoft forums where no one answers,just gives links. I m not a mac person, not familiar, and would like (not demanding) steps to answer the few questions I had listed.

Jan 4, 2015 12:50 PM in response to milew66

milew66 wrote:

No, I did not. He had to have been using my apple id to do updates or whatever, right? So, wouldn't computer be another authporized user? But it says there is only one?

I gather in your household. Authorizing comp questions should be askedin the iTunes Store forum area. It's where the authorizing/deauthorizing experts hang out at. Or you can research Apple's Knowledge Base. Loads of helpful info there.

User uploaded file

Feb 19, 2015 9:27 AM in response to milew66

Ok guys, I just spoke with this guy. This is the issue.

He can use his own apple id to download iTunes, etc but attempting to update the OS is when it is asking for MY apple id that was associated with the imac when I sold it. He has his apple id setup on the iMac. How can he update the system using HIS apple ID and how can he remove mine completely from that machine. It doesn't show up in iTunes when showing associated devices.

He states that the only time it is asking for MY apple id is system updates (OS updates). How can I make that not happen, or have him totally remove my apple id and only use his.

Need to change Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.