Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Impossible to achieve Apple id creation

I have tried to create an apple Id for my son :

I gave his email, filled everything, etc... Everything seems to be OK, no error messages.

When I try to connect with this ID, it refuses.

I thought I could have made a mistake so :

- I ask to reset the password : it asked me birth date --> and I was told I was wrong

- I choose the email procedure to reset the password : I never received the mail.

- finally the Apple website tells me that this account does not exist, so I tried to create it again, but I had the message that it already exists...

Please Help ....

Thanks in advance

On the online service ask me to pay €29 for assistance...

Please Steve, come and bring back simplicity and quality

Jean-Jacques

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Jan 4, 2015 7:07 AM

8 replies

Jan 4, 2015 7:10 AM in response to LesThomasDArcueil

Apple ID security issues -

Account security issues almost always require you to speak directly to an Apple representative to securely establish your identity as the account holder. You can set it up so that Apple calls you, either immediately or at a time convenient to you.

1. Go to http://www.apple.com/support

2. Choose Contact Support and click Contact Us

3. Choose Other Apple ID Topics and choose the appropriate topic for your issue

4. Follow the onscreen instructions

Jan 4, 2015 7:11 AM in response to LesThomasDArcueil

See this support document for help in creating an Apple ID. Set up an Apple ID in iTunes - Apple Support If you have difficulty, then when you contact Apple Care, tell them it is about creating an Apple ID and there will not be a charge.

Please, regarding the last comment, how long does someone have to be dead before we stop with the post-Jobs Apple comments. It lends absolutely nothing to the discussion and does not reflect well on the poster.

Jan 4, 2015 7:42 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks Chris for trying to help

Unfortunately on sunday in France where I am, the support is only via a robot who answers basic questions... I'll try to join them tomorrow

Concerning my last comment, I have lost 2 hours this afternoon, and in the last 6 month it occurred quite often. Much more than in the 3 years before. I have Imac(s), Ipad(s), Ipods, Iphones, ... I am not expert but really used to apple products and I would qualify myself as an advanced user. Spending hours for finding evident answers to basic questions on labyrinth websites but no answer to my question reminds me some Microsoft stuffs... This was THE difference. My experience is that it seems to vanish... I agree that this comment brings nothing but when you start to create an account, what should take a few minutes, and 2 hours later you are still trying, you are just "a little" upset...

Thanks again

Jean-Jacques

Jan 4, 2015 8:51 AM in response to Dah•veed

Yes,

When I want to recover the account through, it does not use the security questions, but only the day of birth. When I answer, (the correct one of course), If am told I am wrong !

When I go through "I forgot my ID", it says the account does not exist, and when I try to create it again, it says it already exists...

I hope I'll get them on the phone tomorrow...

Impossible to achieve Apple id creation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.