Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zagg keyboard trouble since IOS 8

I have been a long time user of the Zagg Keyboards (4th keyboard on my 2nd iPad), but I Have been unable to do so since the upgrade to IOS 8. Several times per day it quits working, usually in the middle of a sentence. The only thing that gets it working again is to go to Blutooth settings, forget the device, then discover it again.

I am reading that that thousands of other iPad Air users are having Blutooth issues. is there any hope of a fix? The new Blutooth features in IOS 8 don't compare to what I have lost. I've quit taking my my iPad to meetings (back to the Lenovo laptop) and the "I told you so" comments I get need to be put to rest. How do I get my zagg keyboard to function dependably with IOS 8?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2, zagg Blutooth keyboard

Posted on Jan 4, 2015 11:44 AM

4 replies

Jan 4, 2015 3:25 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

Thanks for the courtesy of a response, Barry. Resetting the iPad definitely works, until the next time it stops working which can be minutes later. I have actually tested this with my iMac keyboard and have the same troubles. I even sent my Zagg Folio back on warranty (due to another issue) and have the same issue with replacement keyboard.

It is interesting how it is not a universal problem, but persistent for those who have it. Thanks again.

Pappy

Jun 14, 2015 8:25 AM in response to kristinlaura

I have experienced the same issue; it took me 3 tries to write this post with the keyboard.i am wondering if Apple has lost its passion for creating a seamless and enjoyable customer experience. i thought frustration was somethong they worjed to avoid...makes me wonder if it is time to consider other products..dissapointed;

Zagg keyboard trouble since IOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.