Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 to icloud

How do I transfer purchased music (from iTunes) from my iphone 5 to my iCloud account?

Additional Details:

If I follow the directions I found online, I should be able to go to iTunes Store App>Purchased>Music>Recent Purchases and determine which songs need to be downloaded my looking for the "cloud" icon. None of the songs or albums I purchased have this icon. Nor am I able to find any options to allow me to download these songs to my iCloud account.

If I go into Settings>iCloud>Manage Storage>my iPhone, it does not give me an option to back up my music even though I have plenty of space on my iCloud account.

iPhone 5

Posted on Jan 4, 2015 7:02 PM

1 reply

Jan 6, 2015 7:55 AM in response to JN58

Hi JN58,

If you'd like to download your previously purchased music on to your iPhone, please follow the steps outlined below.

Before you begin

1. Sign in with the Apple ID that you used for the original purchase. Use these steps to see which Apple ID you used to download an item.
  2. See if the content is available for redownload. Previously purchased items might not be available if they're no longer on the iTunes Store. If you changed your Apple ID from one country to another, you can’t download items you purchased in a previous country.

If you're using Family Sharing, you can use these steps to download your family member's content.

Music

1. Tap Settings > Music and make sure Show All Music is on.
  2. Tap the Music app.
  3. Find the item that you want to download.
    User uploaded file
  4. Tap the Download User uploaded file icon.

Download past purchases - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Alex H.

iphone 5 to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.