Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new MacBook Air does not connect to my home network, yet my older MacBook Pro does. Any ideas what I need to do to the Air or network to fix it?

My new MacBook Air does not connect to my Airport Time Capsule home network, yet my 2009 MacBook Pro does. The Air picks up the WiFi and Internet, but not the network for backups or connection to my printer, which is on the network. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 4, 2015 5:35 PM

1 reply

Jan 6, 2015 7:39 AM in response to Brad Mason

Hi Brad Mason,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I am glad that your MacBook Air can connect to the internet using your Time Capsule but I can understand the frustration of not being able to print or back up using Time Machine either. For setting up your printer, I would suggest working through the first attached article.

Mac Basics: Printing in OS X - Apple Support

For making sure that your computer is set up and backing up to Time Machine correctly, I suggest reading over and working through the next attached article.

Mac Basics: Time Machine backs up your Mac - Apple Support

If after verifying that your computer is set up with your printer and Time Capsule correctly you are still having issues, please let me know what errors you receive or what happens when you attempt to print or back up your computer.

Cheers,

Joe

My new MacBook Air does not connect to my home network, yet my older MacBook Pro does. Any ideas what I need to do to the Air or network to fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.