Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs are skipping like a scratched CD

I have just recently figured out how to setup Home Sharing with my Apple TV and I was able to get it working and streaming songs from my iTunes library to my Apple TV. At first everything was working great and the songs were coming through just fine. But now the songs are playing but there are gaps in the song- periods of silence. The song will stop and start you can tell its been playing in the background because it starts up later in the song. It is like listening to a CD in your car while going over a bumpy road! And I don't get it because it was working great this morning. I just updated iTunes on my Windows laptop today and have ensured that my Apple TV is up to date as well. I use either my iPhone 5s or iPad Mini with the Remote App to get everything streaming to the Apple TV and they are both running iOS 8.1.2. I have checked iTunes, Apple TV, iPhone and iPad to make sure they all have the same Apple ID for home sharing. When using the Remote App, both my Apple TV and Home library show up. I am able to open the Home Library and start playing songs through the Apple TV as well as use the the app as a remote to control the Apple TV. I was wondering if there is an issue with my WiFi network but it was working just fine this morning. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted on Jan 4, 2015 7:15 PM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 8:52 AM in response to shocking3

I Have the exact same issue. Much more so when I try to play music thru AppleTV using the remote app then if I just play it thru AppleTV, but then I have no control over the music without going back thru all the menus. Would also love to know why each time I want to see my photos on AppleTV and listen to music, I have to first turn the music on, it won't come on automatically when I run my slideshows, even tho I have it set to play music as the default...

Songs are skipping like a scratched CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.