Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 won't auto connect to Bluetooth in my Subaru Forrester

Unlike a lot of people who are having iPhone 6 issues with Bluetooth, mine connects, but only if I go in and manually connect it each time I turn the car on. I've tried deleting the device from the phone, deleting the phone from the car, resetting the network settings. I don't want to reset to factory settings, because it is able to connect, but it would be really nice if it would connect on it's own like my iPhone 5 did......

Any other suggestions would be appreciated...

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 4, 2015 9:20 PM

32 replies

Jan 31, 2015 4:19 PM in response to lauram77

I would also make sure that the make of the car allows the use of Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology which is the standard bluetooth tech for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plu,

most old makes of car bluetooth can only handel Bluetooth 3.0 and 2.5 tech you can find that out by going to your makers website or your drivers manual.

There are car adapters that are bluetooth 4.0 capable that you can find online ex. amazon.com

Hope this helps.

Jan 31, 2015 5:43 PM in response to gdrobins0

Yes! The answer was pretty simple, but in my opinion not obvious. The problem was that I had done the pairing through the stereo. Apparently, you have to do it through the steering wheel by setting up the handsfree. The handsfree set up will take of the blue tooth too, so you don't even need to do the bluetooth pairing! Wish the car's manual had mentioned that detail! I didn't even think of hands-free as only ever use that function to answer a call!

Do delete it from the blue tooth before re-setting up the handsfree. Hope that makes it work for you!

iPhone 6 won't auto connect to Bluetooth in my Subaru Forrester

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.