Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes does not show updates on MBP

Hi guys,

I just bought my MBP retina 13" 2014 with 256gb hard, OS X 10.9.5 and my iTunes version is the latest one. its my first MB ever, but I can say I`v been quiet good at learning and working with OS X and its really awesome.

anyway , Now, I have imported my already purchased apps from my old windows computer iTunes to my new mac through "Home Sharing" , and I have all the files in Music/iTunes folder in my mac, and also, iTunes shows all the apps in "my apps" part, but the problem is iTunes says there is no update for my apps , and also when I right click on any apps and go to iTunes store , it shows "Get" in which means I even don't have the app . does anyone know about this issue , or what should I do?

I only use one apple id , and my iPhone shows that some apps updates are available.

Thank you guys.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 2:27 AM

7 replies

Jan 5, 2015 3:46 AM in response to Masih Irani

Yes, that's right. You will need to change country to update, since apps are sold in one country (you can have the same app in several countries available, but still you purchase it using your country local account). Put in different words: the app is linked to the App Store country it was originally made available.

On how country limitations work with iTunes and Apple ID: App Store Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Apple Support

Jan 5, 2015 4:02 AM in response to mabaeyens

wow , interesting , I changed and got the updates.

so in this case, I need to change the country repeatedly to get the updates! and kinda not worthing . better to leave it to that old country and keep going with that one I guess, or I need to re-download all the apps I got.

but better apple solves this problem,coz sometimes people change their country for reasons and this can be difficult .

Anyway, thank you so much for your help Mabaeyens, that was my first question in here and really fast solution.

iTunes does not show updates on MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.