Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is Street view on Google Maps. I just got an new iPad2 air.

I Just replaced my iPad1, 4.5 years old, with a new iPad2Air. When usingThe Maps application, I can no longer find Street View! What do I need to do to access Streetview?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 7:05 AM

8 replies

Aug 8, 2017 10:07 AM in response to JimHdk

I recently got a new iPad Pro. I have been using Google maps and street view for years on my other devices. However, street view does not work on my new iPad Pro. The picture of what would be the street view shows in the side bar on the right but when I touch to activate, I get a white screen with the street view tool bar at the top. In some instances I've gone into the "report a problem" menu from the blank screen. There is no box to check for this particular problem but if I back out and then back in a few times then exit Google Maps and go back into the Google maps, sometimes the street view will work.

Oct 16, 2017 9:47 PM in response to Sager206

I’m using iOS11.3 on my new iPad mini and the Google maps app.

I’ve been using this with no problem for many years, and just suddenly on both my mini and also my new iPad running iOS 10, I can no longer get Street View using the tried and true dropped pin method.

I drop a pin, and the sidebar appears, but no street view thumbnail. Just a latitude and longitude. This has been since recent updates to Google Maps possibly?

The Google Street View app is so abysmally awful it’s not worth the effort trying to run the iPhone app on an iPad.

Has anyone got any workarounds or advice on this or do we just replace it with an old version from a backup and complain to Google until it’s fixed?

Oct 17, 2017 1:48 AM in response to MikesApples

I see from the first post that 316 people have the same problem.

I'm thinking it's definitely a Google issue as this happens on my devices that are not running the latest iOS as well as those that do. Plus it's just started happening.

On a Google forum it also seems to have been referred to as a 'bug' in their app, and has been reported several times.

I don't understand all this business from other replies about minimising the app and then reopening it to make it work. It makes no difference what I do, the feature is just plain gone.

Where is Street view on Google Maps. I just got an new iPad2 air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.