Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect Apple TV to RCA cables on Onkyo stereo

I want to connect Apple TV (gen 3) to my Onkyo SR607 receiver so that I can play my itunes list throughout my entire house. The issue I'm having is that if I connect via HDMI, it will only play to my theater room. I want it to play throughout my house which requires it to be connect via analog RCA cables. I purchased a monoprice digital to analog converter in an attempt to convert the signal. I connected the ATV to the converter via TOSLINK and then rca cables go from converter to stereo. I don't get any sound! What am I doing wrong? Thanks

this is the converter i purcahsed.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10423&cs_id=1042302&p_id=6884&se q=1&format=2

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 6:43 AM

5 replies

Jan 5, 2015 8:04 AM in response to toddfromangola

people report that if the tv is not on the optical out of 2g and newer Apple TV will be muted

try connecting the rca with something else then the receiver you could even connect it to a rca to minijack and connect a headset to take the receiver being the issue out of the equation

if it does not play out of the headset or other source then one would expect something being wrong with the converter box

Feb 11, 2016 7:49 AM in response to toddfromangola

I hooked ATV’s HDMI outgoing connection to zone 1/home theatre and the outgoing optical connection into a digital to analogue converter which I connected to the TV/CD input which became the ATV feed source for zone 2.

This said, I just bought the newer Apple TV, it has only one outgoing connection and now I'm trying to sort that out. Any ideas?

Connect Apple TV to RCA cables on Onkyo stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.