Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to log on to my personal hotspot on my Ipone, after entering the password the system continues to ask for the password over and over again. How do I fix this?

When trying to log on to my personal hotspot on my Ipone, after entering the password the system continues to ask for the password over and over again. How do I fix this?

iPhone 4, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 9:52 AM

1 reply

Jan 6, 2015 10:35 AM in response to SheliaStuhr

Hi SheilaStuhr,

The troubleshooting steps detailed below can help get you connected to your iPhone's personal hostpot.

Basic troubleshooting

1. See if your iOS device, computer, and wireless plan all meet the system requirements for Personal Hotspot.
  2. Make sure Personal Hotspot is on: Tap Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.
  3. Check the Internet connection on your iOS device: Tap Safari and load a new webpage.
  4. If one connection type doesn't work, try another. For example, instead of connecting using Wi-Fi, use USB or Bluetooth.
  5. Turn Personal Hotspot off and on: Tap Settings > Personal Hotspot or Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.
  6. Install the latest version of iOS.
  7. Reset your network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  8. If you still see the issue, restore the iPhone.

If you're still experiencing issues, try the steps below.

Wi-Fi troubleshooting

If you encounter an issue using Personal Hotspot with other Wi-Fi devices, try these steps:

1. Turn Personal Hotspot off.
  2. Turn on Wi-Fi: Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
  3. Turn on Personal Hotspot.
  4. If another device can't join your Wi-Fi network, make sure the Wi-Fi password is correct.
  5. If the device can't see your Wi-Fi network, check your device name. Windows may not correctly show a device name that uses non-ASCII characters.
  6. See how many devices are using your Personal Hotspot. Depending on your wireless carrier, the number of Wi-Fi connections may be limited to three devices at once.
  7. If the other device still can't connect, turn Wi-Fi off and on for the device.
  8. Make sure that your device can see other Wi-Fi networks.

Note: If you see "Unable to Join" or a timeout error when you try to connect a device using Wi-Fi, remain on the Personal Hotspot screen until the first device connects. After the device connects, you can leave the Personal Hotspot screen and use your iPhone normally. Your device will stop broadcasting Wi-Fi if you put it to sleep or if 90 seconds elapse and no connected devices use Wi-Fi. To share your Wi-Fi network again, tap Settings > Personal Hotspot.

iOS: Troubleshooting Personal Hotspot
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203302

All my best,

Allen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.