Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad air 2 emails disappearing from inbox

For no apparent reason my emails in my inbox just disappear it could be after an hour or a day but invariably the disappear but remain on my iPhone and Mac

All software is up to date

Other email accounts set up the same way are ok ie pop3

Any ideas as this seems a common issue but talk about IMAP but can't see why when other email accounts configured the same don't have this issue.

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 10:22 AM

6 replies

Jan 5, 2015 11:04 AM in response to Alastair Muir

This may help if you do not want to or can not switch to IMAP...

Using a POP account with more than one device - Apple Support

FWIW if you configure one device for POP3 and others for IMAP or vice versa it's possible the email will will not be synchronized and you may lose emails. It's better to use all IMAP ( if your ISP supports that) or all POP3.

Jan 5, 2015 11:14 AM in response to Alastair Muir

Ok, go into the iPad Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars. Add a new account > Other > Add Mail Accounts

Enter your name, email, email password, and in the description - Karoo IMAP

Under incoming mail server...

Host Name - imap.karoo.co.uk

Enter your email and password again

Outgoing...

smtp.karoo.co.uk

Then, tap advanced. Under incoming settings...

SSL = off

Server port = 143

Now press done to save everything, you may get an error, that's fine.

Then, in your accounts list, tap your new Karoo IMAP account. In the box that opens, tap the SMTP menu (under outgoing mail server). Tap smtp.karoo.co.uk

Outgoing mail server is 25 & SS: should be off. Enter your email and password again.

Once this is done, you'll be accessing your email via the much better IMAP! It should resolve the issue ;-)

As Sooner Al says, it would be wise to replicate this on your other devices but not compulsarary.

iPad air 2 emails disappearing from inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.