Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app no longer organizes alphabetically around selected item

Hello!

I am having a problem that really interferes with how I use email. Before this latest OS upgrade, changing to alphabetical organization of the email list would keep a highlighted email item in the window - showing others from the same person around it. Now, changing to alphabetical organization of the list loses the highlight and presents the email list starting from either the beginning or end - requiring quite a hunt for the original email I was looking at. Is this a problem anyone else has? Is there a way to return to the old behaviour?

Thanks for any help?

Steve Hynes

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 12:00 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2015 6:28 AM in response to Steve Hynes

Hello Steve

I don't have a solution, but I can offer a quick work-around...

After you have changed the list to alphabetical order (e.g. by Sender / 'From'), next press the cursor DOWN key, then the cursor UP key. This causes Mac Mail to jump to just after the current record, and then puts the highlight back up to where it should be (the original record that you had highlighted).

Give that a try, and let us know how you get on =>. Hope that helps...

Enjoy,

D.

Mail app no longer organizes alphabetically around selected item

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.