Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod seems to freeze iTunes when I connect it! D:

I decided to restore my iPod using iTunes, so I did. When I went to go and then put the saved backup back onto my iPod iTunes froze. It then came up with a Windows message saying that 'iTunes has stopped working' and that Windows was 'checking for a solution to the problem'. The Windows message then changed to saying again that ' iTunes had stopped working' and the only options on that window was to press the x button which closed the message and iTunes or 'close the program' buttom which did the same thing. I tried this again and again and each time it did the same thing. When I would plug the iPod into iTunes, the icon of an iPod would appear in the top left hand corner like normal but it was a faded icon, after a short delay, that was when iTunes froze and the messages came up etc. I then decide to try and connect my brothers iPod but doing that didn't seem to cause iTunes to freeze etc. and I could use the facilities for that iPod as normal. I can't honestly think of what has caused this and Apple support, either in store, online and by telephone has been absolutely useless, so I thought I'd ask on here. Please help and give me some advice on what to do to resolve this issue as I currently can't use the ipod. Even if I was to set it up as a new iPod I won't be able to sync it to my iTunes as it will freeze and force quit as soon as I connect it.

Thank you!

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 12:25 PM

6 replies

iPod seems to freeze iTunes when I connect it! D:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.