Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't use Hp scanner ap.

Can't use Hp Scanner ap. Get the following message:

Scanner reported an error

HP Officejet Pro 8610 is currently unavailable. Please check if it is turned on and connected, or try again later.

I can scan using the Printer & Scanner Ap in System Preferences. Also my MacBook Pro can use the Scanner Ap. Hp says its a Mac issue. Anyone else have this problem?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 3:12 PM

2 replies

Jan 7, 2015 6:17 AM in response to JDB38

Hello there JDB38,

If you still havent bveen able to use the scanner, I would recommend using the troubleshooting in the following article to help you resolve that. The title mentions printers, but the steps are the same for scanners:

Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X

Follow these steps until the issue is addressed:

1. Make sure that the printer is powered on, has ink / toner, and that there are no alerts on the printer’s control panel. Note: If you cannot clear an alert on the printer's control panel, stop here and check the printer's documentation or contact the manufacturer for support.
  2. Ensure the printer is properly connected to a USB port on the Mac or AirPort base station / Time Capsule. If the printer is a network-capable printer, make sure that it is properly connected to your home network.
  3. Use Software Update to find and install the latest available updates. If an update is installed, see if the issue persists.
  4. Open the Print & Scan pane or Print & Fax (Snow Leopard) pane in System Preferences.
  5. Delete the affected printer, then add the printer again.

If the issue persists, try these additional steps:

1. Reset the printing system, then add the printer again.
  2. If the issue still persists, reset the printing system again. Download and install your printer's drivers. Then, add the printer again.
  3. Contact the printer vendor or visit their website for further assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Can't use Hp scanner ap.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.