Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My entire music library was cleared after the last itunes update how do I get my songs back?

My entire music library and all of my playlists were cleared after I installed the last itunes update. How can I get my playlists and music back?

iPod classic (120 GB), Windows 7

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 4:57 PM

3 replies

Jan 7, 2015 6:25 AM in response to Happyone0706

Hello Happyone0706,

If your library seemed to disappear after you updated iTunes, I would recommend the troubleshooting in the following article to help you out, named:

No content shows up in iTunes after updating

1. Quit iTunes.
  2. Download and install the latest version of iTunes.
  3. Use the Finder (Mac) or Windows Explorer (Windows) to go to the iTunes folder that contains the iTunes library files:
    Mac OS X
    /Users/username/Music/iTunes/
    Microsoft Windows Windows XP and Windows 2000
    \Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\
    Microsoft Windows Windows Vista and Windows 7
    \Users\username\Music\iTunes\
  4. Drag the iTunes Library file from the above location to the Desktop.
  5. Open the Previous iTunes Libraries folder in the iTunes folder.
  6. Locate the file named iTunes Library YYYY-MM-DD where YYYY-MM-DD is the date you upgraded iTunes (Year-Month-Day).
  7. Drag this file to the iTunes folder (the enclosing folder).
  8. Rename this file to iTunes Library.
  9. Open iTunes.

You should now see your missing content in iTunes.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Jan 12, 2015 6:47 PM in response to sterling r

Thanks so much for the reply Sterling,

The problem is that my itunes music files just seem to have vanished from my computer completely except for about 15 of my most recent purchases. I recently changed my cox.net email that was being used for my itunes account and I am wondering if I re opened the deleted cox.net account, if that would bring the files back as well. Do you think that would have anything to do with it?

My entire music library was cleared after the last itunes update how do I get my songs back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.