Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music doesn't want to play

iPod touch 5th generation doesn't want to play songs for some reason. I'm using the same computer I've always used. The only thing I've done recently were sync it once or twice and put new music onto it.

After these operations a lot of my music is faded with a red square near the right hand side of the title. There are also several copies of many songs (last time I checked the General menu from the settings there were 1300ish songs but now it's reporting 1500ish). I've only added like 10 new songs and when I went through all of my songs like a third of them are faded and a good 40-50 songs copied.

The sync went all right, I didn't interrupt it or anything. I tried restarting the iPod, syncing it again, autofilling the songs in the hope they'll come back, but nothing. I had this problem once before but it was either solved by autofilling or syncing (I can't remember as it was a while ago). The songs affected last time compared to this time don't appear to be the same or follow any particular pattern (download method, date, artist, genre, nothing like that).

Please help, a majority of my playlists are unusable because half of the songs don't play.

IOS 8.1.2

Any help is appreciated! And please forgive me as I'm not an expert of any kind when it comes to this stuff

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 4:54 PM

3 replies

Music doesn't want to play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.