Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Button not a Toolbar Option in Safari 8.0.2

I'm running Yosemite on a late 2010 MBP with Safari 8.0.2 and the "Download" button with the down-arrow is not a possible option in the VIEW / CUSTOMIZE TOOLBAR section. Is anyone else having this problem, or can anyone tell me where it is?

Thanks,

Alex

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 6:58 PM

5 replies

Jan 6, 2015 9:14 AM in response to AMeloche

Are you running any Safari extensions that modify the toolbars?

I have the download button in 8.0.2:

User uploaded file

It set up that way under Mavericks and Safari seems to have kept the same settings for YO when I upgraded last week.

and this is supposed to reveal the download button on my toolbar?

Take a breath! I believe Dominic is giving you good advice. The download button may not appear until you actually download some to go into the Downloads folder--worth a try.

Jan 6, 2015 10:12 AM in response to Allan Jones

Funny, it does seem like panic sometimes eh!? Fear not, we're of sound mind over here 😉

I've downloaded several items and, no go. 😟

Also, deleted all website data... no go 😟

I can't find anything related to this with this version of Safari running on a late 2010 MBP

Also, downloading from iTunes is not the issue, it's the safari download button I don't have access to.

Thanks everyone for the help thus far. I think we're getting close.

Apr 24, 2015 7:12 PM in response to Allan Jones

"Take a breath! I believe Dominic is giving you good advice. The download button may not appear until you actually download some to go into the Downloads folder--worth a try."

This might be a way to make the Downloads button visible for a while, but it's hardly a good solution. Download some unneeded junk to make the Downloads button appear? I understand that Apple is always trying to lean towards simplifying the UI, but fine, so leave it off the menubar by default and give me the option of cluttering up my toolbar by including it in the Customize options. It's not like a Downloads button was bloating the code base. I wish they would not presume to decide for me what I want or need.

Download Button not a Toolbar Option in Safari 8.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.