Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone doesn't have a driver?

Hi all,

Went to connect my 5S today to swap some photos to my computer, and it doesn't show up in My Computer. So I do some researching, and find that the problem has to do with drivers.

So I go to update the driver through device manager, select the "Driver" folder in the Apple folder, and I get "no drivers found".
How would I go about fixing this issue? Since the only fix I find is updating the drivers, but it seems that perhaps the driver may have been deleted from the Driver folder and I am unsure of how to get it back so I can update/see my iPhone in My Computer.

Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 9:13 PM

5 replies

Jan 6, 2015 8:22 AM in response to selenafromshenzhen

Ok...once again I did all the reading on the troubleshooting and as I put in my original post, when I go to into Device Manager, iPhone has an exclamation by it. So I troubleshoot and it says it's missing drivers, so I go to update drivers via the wizard, and the Driver folder does not have the usbaapl.inf driver file.

So my problem is how can I get this file back.

Jan 6, 2015 9:05 AM in response to Kare_Failure

Fixed it myself, for anyone else experiencing Code 28 on their Apple products (no driver found), here's how I fixed it.

I run 64-Bit Windows 7 Professional N, which means it comes with no Media Player.

Go to the Microsoft website and download it, here's the link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16546

After it finishes downloading, unplug your iPhone and restart your computer. Once your computer finishes configuring the new update and is loaded completely at the desktop, plug your iPhone in.

Your iPhone should then ask whether to trust the computer (mine never did before), select trust and you should be good to go.

iPhone doesn't have a driver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.