Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal won't sync from mac to iphone or the other way

I have found that my iPhone calendar is not being updated when I sync with the iMac - and it doesn't appear to work the other way either.

It used to work perfectly and I haven't changed anything.

I have made sure all the boxes for syncing calendars are checked but that has made no difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Jonathan

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jan 6, 2015 12:32 AM

10 replies

Apr 21, 2016 10:11 AM in response to Jonathan from Ivybridge

I had this problem too, when I upgraded to el capitan on my MacBook Pro and iOS 9 on my iPhone. I spent hours trying things I found on the internet and finally had the inspiration to go back to the beginning and ask how to set up syncing. Turns out that the syncing option had been turned off during the upgrades and all I had to do was turn it back on. Glad it's fixed. Bummed that it took me 3 hours to learn a 5 second fix.

Open iTunes. The iPhone's name appears under the "Devices" heading in the menu. Click the name of the iPhone and then click the "Info" tab. Click the box next to "All Calendars" if you want to import all the calendars on the Mac or the box next to "Selected Calendars" if you want to sync specific calendars.

May 25, 2016 6:13 AM in response to Jason L

for:

"

Jason L

Hey there Jonathan,

The article linked below provides a lot of great troubleshooting tips that’ll resolve most issues like the one that you’ve described, where calendar information isn’t syncing between your iMac and iPhone.

Sync Services: Advanced troubleshooting for contact and calendar syncing - Apple Support

So long,

-Jason "

this link doesn't go anywhere

May 25, 2016 4:38 PM in response to Jason L

Hi Jason,

do you have any other suggestions? i spent a lot of time on this today and got nowhere. i have an iPhone 6, a MacBook Air, and a mini. My mini calendar is using the same iCloud account as the rest, but Ical will not sync. The link you suggested in January no longer works and it seems this is a common problem. syncing the calendar is important to me. i put a lot of information in the calendar when at my desktop and need it on phone when traveling. i already spent a week in the dark when i first noticed the lack of syncing while already on a business trip.

Any ideas?

May 25, 2016 5:04 PM in response to pommom

Hello Pommom,

I think i have figured out the problem/solution. For each device create a calendar with a different name. i named my macbook calendar "macbook", iPhone calendar "iPhone".

when saving event on that device - save it to that calendar.

when syncing, tell each device to sync those labelled calendars.

the confusion for me was that i had labelled all of my calendars "no category" across devices. each device then only maintained that calendar for that device. have multiple calendars all labelled something different - but have them all sync and each device will maintain all data.

good luck

iCal won't sync from mac to iphone or the other way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.