Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to rejoin a group text on ios8

I Left a gsoup conversation and need to know if I can somehow rejoin it!

Posted on Jan 6, 2015 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2017 8:22 AM

This did not work for me. Instead it created two threads one where I could send it to the group in another where they replied on the original thread and I would have to switch back-and-forth one to read the replies and one to send very annoying

9 replies

Jan 7, 2015 8:42 AM in response to Teaneytiny

Hi Teaneytiny,

Thanks for the question. The answer depends on how many people are in the group. The resource below will provide the complete details:

Send a group message with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202724

Send a group message

To send messages to a group, start a new conversation. Then enter multiple recipients or tap User uploaded file to select from your contacts.

User uploaded file

How do I add or remove someone from a group message?

You can add a person to a conversation by tapping Details, and then tapping Add Contact.

You can remove a person from an iMessage conversation with at least four people. Tap Details, then swipe the name of the person you want to remove from right to left. Then tap Delete.

Leave a group message

If the group message is using iMessage and has more than three participants, you can leave the conversation. Tap Details. Then tap Leave this Conversation.

User uploaded file

Leave this Conversation might not be available if there are only three people in the group iMessage or if the group message uses MMS.

Name a group message

You can name group iMessage threads. While viewing a conversation, tap Details, in the upper right. Then drag down and enter the name in the Group Name field.

User uploaded file

Mute notifications

If you don't want to get notifications for a group message, tap Details. Then turn on Do Not Disturb. You'll still receive the messages in the Messages app, and you'll still receive notifications on the lock screen.

User uploaded file

Why is Messages sending my group messages as individual texts?

If you send a message to multiple people and at least one person isn't using group messaging, an individual message will go to each recipient using either SMS or MMS. Only the original sender will get any responses to these messages, in separate message threads.

Using group messaging with MMS

To use group messaging with MMS, you need a plan from your carrier that allows sending MMS. Carrier messaging rates may apply.

Check with your wireless carrier to see how many people you can include in a group message with MMS.

You can turn off MMS group messaging in Settings > Messages > Group Messaging. You can still send and receive group iMessages.

Learn more

Last Modified:

Cheers!

- Judy

May 19, 2015 12:20 AM in response to judysings

Hi I was wondering the same thing and have been searching all over the web for a simple answer to the same question of the original poster. This article is great in the sense it addresses every aspect I can imagine for group chat and have learned how to use and understand group messages using this same article. Whenever I search on the web for specifcally how to rejoin a group message chat after clicking leave this conversation, every result always comes to the same source (or would reference it by saying the same thing). But I can't find anywhere how to simply "come back" after leaving. From the answer yougave and how you related it to the article, from what I understand (although if this is the case, it's not clearly put) is that you compose a new message to the same list of contacts that were in the group message chat that you had left. Is this the answer?

Also, if it is the answer I must assume it's a very rare case since the detailed support articles (which almost always have worked for me in the past many years) as well as the forums and blogs on the web regarding group messages especially specific to Yosemite and iOS 8, I don't see any reference of having an option to rejoin the same group you had left. This post was the first and only reference to this question.

How to rejoin a group text on ios8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.