Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iCloud Calendar with Outlook for Mac (new Outlook)

Does anyone know if it's possible to sync your iCloud Calendar with Outlook for Mac yet (Outlook for Mac is the new Outlook that comes with Microsoft Office 365)? If so, how do you do it?

I've done some research on this question, and most of the responses are a few years old... wanted to see if anything has changed since. I find it weird how I can sync my iCloud Calendar with Outlook 2013 on my PC, but not with Outlook for Mac on my Mac--which is practically the same thing.

Thanks ahead of time!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Outlook for Mac, iCloud Calendar

Posted on Jan 6, 2015 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2017 6:53 AM

I know this is an old thread, but Microsoft's documentation states that Outlook doesn't support iCloud Calendars or Contacts:

"Outlook for Mac does not support Apple iCloud calendar (CalDAV) and contact (CardDAV) synchronization."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2648915/microsoft-outlook-for-mac-compa tibility-with-apple-icloud

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2017 6:53 AM in response to Wellensian

I know this is an old thread, but Microsoft's documentation states that Outlook doesn't support iCloud Calendars or Contacts:

"Outlook for Mac does not support Apple iCloud calendar (CalDAV) and contact (CardDAV) synchronization."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2648915/microsoft-outlook-for-mac-compa tibility-with-apple-icloud

Jan 7, 2015 10:50 AM in response to kipp0606

Greetings kipp0606,

If you would like to use iCloud mail in an email client, you may want to review the following article. It contains the mail server settings you'll need to set it up:

iCloud: Mail server settings for email clients - Apple Support

Use these mail server settings if you need to manually set up your email app (client) to use an iCloud email account.

Do you need these mail server settings?

You can use the mail server settings in this article to manually set up your email app to send and receive email with an iCloud email account. However, you shouldn't need to do that if you meet the iCloud system requirements and can use any of these setup methods:

If you're using the Mail app in OS X Snow Leopard v10.6, use the mail server information in the iCloud Mail setup instructions for Snow Leopard instead of the settings below.

Mail server settings

Refer to your email app's documentation for information about how to use these settings. iCloud Mail uses the IMAP and SMTP standards supported by most modern email apps. iCloud does not support POP.

IMAP information for the incoming mail server

• Server name: imap.mail.me.com
  • SSL Required: Yes
    If you receive errors when using SSL, try using TLS instead.
  • Port: 993
  • Username: The name part of your iCloud email address (for example, emilyparker, not emilyparker@icloud.com)
  • Password: Your iCloud password

SMTP information for the outgoing mail server

• Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
  • SSL Required: Yes
    If you receive errors when using SSL, try using TLS or STARTTLS instead.
  • Port: 587
  • SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
  • Username: Your full iCloud email address (for example, emilyparker@icloud.com, not emilyparker)
  • Password: Your iCloud password

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

Syncing iCloud Calendar with Outlook for Mac (new Outlook)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.